Friday, April 07, 2006

ACE Collaborative Books


Gallery 31 North Collaborative Book- This the second collaborative book in a series that I have been asked to participate in with my Art Group, The Art Community of Easton. This time, the theme is "The Ground We Stand On"; which could be interpreted in a variety of ways. My piece is a focus on how Nature inspires us to create art. This is too, where alot of my inspiration comes from in all of my work. The front states "The Ground We Stand On.....Inspires Us", while the back reads, "The Beauty of Nature".

This collaborative book serves to create a dialog and community
via a preconceived book structure that will be displayed at
Gallery 31 North, Glen Gardner, NJ beginning August 20, 2006
through September 3, 2006. The Opening for this show will be on August 20, 2006 from 1-4 pm. The Skillman Library at Lafayette College, Easton, PA will be its permanent home.

It is very interesting to me to work on such a small scale, and
have my piece put together with other artist's work to create
something which makes a great impact on such a large scale.








ACE Collaborative Book-


This is a group project, by the Art Community of Easton, PA; of which I belong.
This is my submittal. The theme was "regeneration" I chose floral....
"Floral Regeneration", Acrylic on card stock paper, origami fold.
This entire book, when completed, will be displayed to the public at the following locations in my
area: Please take a look if you are nearby:


May 2006- Williams Center Art Gallery, Lafayette College, Easton, PA- GALLERY OPENING IS SUNDAY MAY 7TH, 2-5 PM
September 2006- Quadrant Book Mart Gallery, Easton, PA
Newark, NJ Public Library, Special Collections--Permanent home.















No comments: